Saturday, February 14, 2009

A Gift for Every Child Struggling to Learn to Read

Hi!

My name is Karen Robertson and this first blog entry launches my Big Goal of giving the gift of literacy to every child who's struggling to learn to read.

I've seen firsthand the impact of reading problems on behaviour and self esteem with my own sons, and I'm so grateful that we had the resources to get help for them. But we spent countless hours investigating different approaches and spent many thousands of dollars until we
found the help we needed.

We're not alone.

I've spoken to scores of parents whose children had reading problems that went undiagnosed. Many of these parents suspected something wasn't quite right with their children's literacy but didn't know where to turn to get help. And like us, many of them wasted a lot of time and money along the way.

It shouldn't be this hard.

Kids who have reading problems need help. And the sooner they get it the better.

That's why I'm committed to raising parents' awareness about how to spot reading
problems early and what to do about it.

This blog will share my journey as I work to deliver this Big Goal and I ask you
to please share your stories!!

In the next blog, I'll share our family's journey with reading problems and dyslexia.

No comments:

Post a Comment